Job Summary: The CMCF/CG Administrative Assistant reports jointly to the Operations and Human
Resources Manager and CMCF ED. This position works closely with the CMCF team to assist with the
administrative work of CMCF. The Administrative Assistant also works with the CommunityGiving (CG)
staff to provide crucial support for the operations, programmatic and development work of the
Foundation. It is crucial this person have a strong customer service focus, whether toward donors or coworkers and support the core mission and values of CG.
1. Support and anticipate the administrative needs of CMCF/CG offices by serving as receptionist
through answering phones, welcoming guests, notifying staff when guests arrive and maintaining
an inviting and professional environment.
2. Performs daily office duties such as sorting incoming mail, opening and closing the office,
maintaining office supplies and keeping the office neat.
3. Responsible for preparing conference rooms and ensuring that meeting space is available as
scheduled, including arrangements for technology needs (audio, visuals, teleconferencing, video
4. Responsible for meeting preparation including ordering food for meetings with awareness to
dietary requirements and coordinating meeting materials as directed.
5. Responsible for maintaining the supply of donor packets for CG and affiliates with the most
6. Other duties that may present include, but are not limited to, coordinating in house mailings,
database maintenance, maintaining storage areas and break room.
7. Assists with event planning, registration, and set up and take down for local events as directed.
8. Manage CMCF ED calendar, assemble and mail CMCF board, initiative and affiliate meeting
9. Supports CG network groups, for example CEONet, through multiple database platforms.
10. Provides support to partner foundations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
1. Accuracy and attention to detail.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to prioritize, organize and move between tasks.
4. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
5. Willingness to learn new things and take on new tasks or duties as needed.
6. Working knowledge of computerized database systems, Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.
7. Ability and curiosity to learn new digital and technical skills.
8. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds repetitively
Interpersonal Skills/Values Every staff member employed by Community Giving is expected to
possess and embrace the values as adopted by the Board of
Contact: Caryl Turnow
320-257-9737 – www.communitygiving.org