The Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the creation
and dissemination of all external communications for the Central Minnesota Community
Foundation (CMCF) as directed by CMCF Executive Director. Communications Coordinator
utilizes multiple platforms to communicate CMCF messaging to various audiences.
1. Works within the organization (both staff and volunteer committees) to coordinate, at
times create, external communications on behalf of CMCF. This could include but is not
limited to: social media posts, press releases, newsletter content, website postings, video
stories and other communication pieces.
2. Implements approved marketing plans under the direction of CMCF Executive Director.
3. Responsible for CMCF social media presence under direction of Executive Director this
includes creation of posts and maintenance of various social media platforms.
4. Curates and creates both donor and impact stories for various formats.
5. Follows established brand standards.
6. Provides staff support to certain signature funds of the Foundation, including the
Women’s Fund and Friends of the Garden. CMCF Communications Coordinator
participates in planning and implementation of communications for special events and
annual campaigns for example the CMCF Annual Dinner, Get on the Bus and Women’s
7. Works with CommunityGiving Marketing and Communications Manager in developing
marketing strategies to be implemented across organization as well as to coordinate
eblasts and other mass communication mailings.
8. Attends various community events to represent CMCF with the intent of finding and
collecting stories; this may include taking photographs and collecting comments from
9. Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
2. Excellent customer service skills. Outgoing and interacts well with people.
3. Ability to understand CMCF and surrounding community in order to create stories and/or
4. Proficient in posting content to websites and social media.
5. Ability to research and create factual content.
6. Excellent analytical, organizational and creative problem solving skills.
7. Accuracy and attention to detail.
8. Able to work autonomously and to function in a team relationship.
Interpersonal Skills/Values Every staff member employed by Community Giving is
expected to possess and embrace the values as adopted
by the Board of Directors.
Contact: Caryl Turnow